Hikers, backpackers and mountaineers alike look for a pair of boots that they can depend on when they are on their adventure involving unknown terrains. A heavy pair of boots will definitely protect your feet from the elements but might compromise on the comfort factor.
The Asolo Fugitive GTX incorporates the power of a heavy-weight boot in a light-weight construction and the comfort of a light-weight boot with its flexible upper. Tread with ease on any terrain, be it mud or rocky cliffs, as the Fugitive GTX will give you the best foot protection and stability.
Read on as we tease out the features of this hiking boot and find out why this decade-old boot still continues to be so popular, in our Asolo Fugitive GTX Review below.
Features and specs
- Water-repellent Suede and Corduroy upper to keep your feet dry and safe
- Breathable Gore-tex waterproof liner to keep your feet dry inside
- Duo Asoflex footbed for a good grip
- Dual density Asolo Synchro rubber outsole with PU midsole for cushioning
- Re-inforced toe-cap for protection
- Lightweight metal hardware for a rugged look that doesn’t add to the overall weight
- Backed by a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
Why is the Asolo Fugitive GTX so popular?
It is not without any reason that the Asolo fugitive boot has been around for more than 10 years and still continued to be popular. Here is a detailed look at its features and capabilities.
The Fugitive GTX is made of synthetic materials as an alternate to leather and this is what makes it lightweight and flexible. Unlike leather, your GTX won’t need any breaking in and performs well in both hot and cold weather conditions. It is extremely breathable and keeps your feet dry and safe by allowing the flow of air.
- The upper portion of the boot is completely water-proof as it is made of water-resistant suede and high tenacity nylon
- The Duo Asoflex insole gives the support and flexibility that is required for climbing activities. It is made of a two materials; a stiff material which provides anti-pronation, anti-supination and anti-torsion benefits and a softer second material that provides shock-absoprtion and cushioning required while walking on rough terrain.
- The midsole is made of Polyurethane mono density for increased comfort.
- The inside of the boot is completely lined with Gore-tex waterproof material which is also breathable and therefore keeps your feet dry and sweat-free whether it’s hot or wet outside.
- The outsole is made of Asolo Syncro rubber or Polyurethane for a long-lasting performance
- The lace comes with a one-pull feature for fuss-free wearing every time
When you are on your trail, the terrain could pose many challenges as it can be slippery or rough or even totally muddy. Hence a strong under foot is absolutely essential, but can be uncomfortable for your feet.
This is why the Fugitive GTX comes with a stiff under but a totally light and flexible top to provide the maximum comfort for your feet while hiking. The ankle is also supported by means of a tall and flexible ankle collar to prevent rolled ankles.
The toe box is not only roomy enough for those with a wide foot but it is also reinforced for extra protection. As if that wasn’t enough, there is a rubber toe cap on the outer for safety and to protect the boot from wear and tear.
There is enough room inside your boot that it accommodates socks of differing thicknesses to be used in different weather conditions.
You will find that the Fugitive GTX has been designed with water-proof and water-resistant materials to result in a hiking boot that will withstand any wet condition. It also has an impressive flood height of 7 inches that can be a blessing in muddy trails.
The treads on the Fugitive GTX provides a good grip on most trail surfaces and performs extremely well in muddy conditions.
A heavy boot can drain your energy and make your feet go tired, more so if you are already carrying a big pack on your back. The Fugitive employs the use of light weight but durable materials to keep the overall weight of the boot to a minimum. The boot is a mid-weight option ideal for hiking and has an average weight of 3lbs.
- Big toe-box for maximum comfort even for those with large feet
- Reinforced toe box and rubber heels protect your feet
- Good traction on wet terrain with quality treads
- Enough ankle support with tall and flexible ankle collars
- A roomy design that provides a good fit
- Light-weight, as it uses synthetic materials
- Durable as it is made of strong and long-lasting materials
- Dries quickly as it is made of water-resistant and water-proof materials
- High arch support that can even be used by those with flat feet
- Rugged looks match its function
- Boots are available in a wide range of colors to suit individual preferences
- Soles tend to peel off after extended use and this can prove to be dangerous
- The foot bed is completely flat and will require insoles for those who like a molded fit
- The price tag is on the higher side but its durability and comfort overrides the price point
- Not an all-year round boot as it has a thinner wall that will leave you feeling cold in winter
When you buy a pair of Asolo Fugitive GTX, you are not just buying a great pair of hiking boots. This is because, the Fugitive, in addition to being a decade old still has a huge fan following and is backed by some great customer reviews on stores like Amazon.
The Asolo Fugitive GTX is a perfect pair of boots that has the right mix of strength, stability, comfort, durability and water-proof feature that your feet will love. All these come packed with some great features that even your pocket won’t mind shelling out those extra bucks.
It is a great boot for hikers and backpackers who love some great foot support on their trail. And if adventure is what you do season after season, then the Fugitive GTX is sure to give you years of comfort.