- The Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 riflescope is feature rich and deadly accurate; perfect for advanced precision shooting operations. The glass-etched EBR-2C MRAD reticle has 11 illumination intensities and ensures subtensions stay accurate
- Built for dialing in long-range, precision shots, the L-TEC Turret System features a locking mechanism that prevents accidental elevation adjustments. A visual rotation indicator allows shooters to easily keep track of revolutions on the turret.
- A 6x zoom range offers magnification versatility while the fast focus eyepiece adjusts the reticle into sharp focus. Side parallax adjustment and illumination controls have been integrated into one knob for easy access and streamlined performance.
- The APO optical system delivers stunning image quality through premium, high density, extra-low dispersion glass. All lenses are fully multi-coated with XR plus anti-reflective coatings to increase light transmission for amazing brightness.
- O-ring sealed and argon purged, the Razor delivers waterproof and fogproof performance while the single-piece, aircraft-grade aluminum construction gives shooters a durable platform. Armortek coatings protect the lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt.
Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6×24 Review – a Versatile Riflescope That Would Never Disappoint You
If you are looking to enhance your shootings skills you would have to start planning early and then invest in a riflescope. There are some top models that would cost really high. Some simply settle for the cheap versions because everything is made of lens after all. But remember that even when you own the best rifle you would still need the right riflescope combination to put your rifle to good use. This Vortex razor HD gen ii 1-6×24 review would give you an idea about how a simply riflescope can drastically improve your shooting skills. And this is the type of riflescopes that is designed for the serious users, as an option that would last for ages. It is an expensive scope and purchasing it without really delving into the details of the product would not make sense. So here is a brief overview of what the product really has to offer.
You should be clear about one thing before you buy this rifle scope. If long range shooting is your only preference then this is not the best you can get. But with a magnification range 1-6x, this one does perform pretty well for most hunting expeditions. And for the price you paid the best gift you get from this riflescope is the reliability. With this equipped on your rifle, you can be assured of a consistent performance. So you have a scope to blindly depend on.
Features and Specs
- Magnification range: 1-6x
- Diameter of the objective lens – 24mm
- The turrets come with a low capped design and help prevent accidental changes
- This riflescope is 10.1 inches long and weighs 25.2ounces
- 3 reticle options to choose from
- Field of view: 115.2-20.5 feet/100 yards
Is Vortex razor HD gen ii 1-6×24 the most versatile short-medium range riflescope in the market?
If you are a casual user looking for a very simple scope that simply helps magnify the target then this one is not for you. This is something that is designed with high end features some of the best in class optic elements and a great build quality all combined with stunning looks. So you would get what you pay for. It all depends on why you really need a riflescope and how, where and how frequently you would be using yours.
If you are in need of a riflescope for short and medium range applications then this is one of the top choices in the segment. Packing a myriad of features under its hood this one is simple to mount, easy to control and perfect to use for a long time.
Apochromatic objective lens
This is one of the best aspects of this riflescope, a feature that sets it apart from the competition. These are the type of lenses that are known for their superior color performance due to their capacity to correct chromatic aberration. The index matched lenses in the APO system help adjust color in the visible spectrum and thus result in sharper and brighter color delivery.
Vortex’s signature optic performance
In the field of optics, Vortex has a strong place for itself and the Vortex razor HD gen ii 1-6×24 comes with high definition lenses which also feature the low dispersion rates as with other scopes from the brand. And the optical indexing further enhances the clarity of the images so that you would be able to view the target clearly.
Light conditions would not limit the operation
Keeping in mind the various lighting conditions this one comes with an illuminated center dot. This is not a feature that you would find in most of the riflescopes. Combine this with your favorite reticle then you would have a killer combination that would work smoothly even in broad daylight. And the illuminated dot is bright enough to show up even on a sunny day. You also have the option to lock the illumination at a level that you find most convenient.
Built to last
The Vortex razor HD gen ii 1-6×24 is a riflescope that is built to last. There is a single piece of aircraft grade aluminum tube that is pretty easy to align and mount on the rifle. The riflescope is waterproof. So you do not have to worry about the weather elements damaging your riflescope. There is also an O-ring to seal the tube tight and prevent the entry of moisture into the chamber. And internally there is argon gas purging done to prevent the fogging of the lens elements from the inside. This ring also helps prevent the entry of tiny dust particles into the lens tube. This makes the tube waterproof on the whole. The strength of the aluminum helps protect the tube from damage that might occur due to vibrations and shock either during recoil or impact. On the whole, with a design that is durable, this one is sure to last for ages.
There are many riflescopes from Vortex that come with capped turrets. And in fact, the capped turrets are the most popular due to several reasons. This one features larger turrets that make windage and elevation adjustments simpler and quicker.
Unique design aspects
As an upgrade from the other riflescopes from Vortex this one comes with a unique element that helps reduce the friction. There are floats provided at the base of the turret screws. This help prevent the friction from contact and thus they help improve the longevity of the erector screws. They do not wear off easily and this would mean that you do not have to worry about getting them replaced too early. To complement the turret screw design the erector tube system itself is made of brass alloy for the strength. Every element in the erector tube system has been designed with materials that can withstand shocks.
- There is an eye relief of 4 inches which works pretty well for short and medium range targets and this does work well even with the maximum magnification setting. And the eyebox makes it really convenient for the shooter and this is one of the best riflescopes in terms of the eye relief which works well for different shooting positions.
- The eyepieces focus on the target without any delay and thus hastens the process of locking in on the target. The illuminated dot also helps improve the speed of positioning the reticle for a better aim of the bullet.
- The controls are all easily accessible
- Many riflescopes in the segment, even those that are in the lower price segments come with optic caps to protect the lenses when the scope is not in use. But there are no flip caps provided for Vortex razor HD gen ii 1-6×24. You would have to purchase them separately.
- The price of the riflescope is the biggest turn off for the beginners. It might be a bit tough to spend so much for a riflescope that cannot allow long range shooting.
- Reticle not being in the first focal plane might be a bit discouraging. But we cannot deny the fact that the second focal plane reticle does have its fair share of advantages as well. Using a second focal plane with mil-dot might be a bit tricky especially at a lower magnification setting.
The Vortex razor HD gen ii 1-6×24 is a riflescope that not just looks good but also scores high in terms of the image delivery and the overall performance. The lenses come with anti-reflective coatings to prevent glares. And the protective coating on the optical elements also prevents accidental scratches on the lens. Dust is something that you would not be able to avoid and exposure of your lens to find dust has the risk of leaving behind scratches when you try to clean them. This would be avoided thanks to the coating.
The HD lens elements would not be useful if there are blaring reflections and bright light sources hampering the visibility. To improve the light transmission rate the lenses all come with multicoated surfaces.
With a broad field of view and parallax setting of 100 yards, this is a riflescope that comes in handy in most of the hunting applications. Not to forget the all-weather performance and the reticle adjustments tuned for broad daylight. All the said features and the strength add to the weight of the riflescope. There are lighter ones offering similar magnification levels. But once you align this riflescope with your rifle and experience how easy viewing your target is you would not find the weight to be a limitation. So if you are looking for something that you can use with the best of your rifles without having to worry about lengthy maintenance routines then this one is a perfect choice.